Monday, May 27, 2013

The Big Wedding (2013)

-->


Writen By Justin Zackham
Directed By Justin Zachham
Starring Robert De Niro & Katherine Heigl

This movie has an all-star cast including Robert De Niro, Katherine Heigl, Diane Keaon, Susan Sarandon, Amanda Seyfried and Topher Grace. Its hard to not enjoy the cast of this movie because you recognize everyone in it. That almost becomes a problem because you notice that everyone is acting. At somepoint in the movie you want De Niro to say “are talkin’ to me? Theirs nobody else here?” or Susan Sarandon to start singing “Touch me touch me touch me! I want to be dirty!” Needless to say the all-star cast almost becomes distracting while watching this dramatic comedy.

The cinematography, writing, and  story arch is all descent, but what’s missing is the music. This film needs some serious soundtrack moments that are just not there. I wonder if they ran out of money trying to get all those a list actors. In any case, the movie plays well but misses those emotional moments.

I enjoyed it because I know a crew member who made it. Unfortunately I don’t think this film will go very far.

Bottom five. Rent it and tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment