Tuesday, December 31, 2013

American Hustle (2013)


Written By Eric Singer, David O. Russell
Directed By David O. Russell
Starring Christian Bale, Amy Adams, Bradley Cooper

This film is a really well done film. It’s a period piece set in the 1970’s. Bradley Cooper is a favorite of mine and he is the center part of the story. Amy Adams is this centuries queen of the screen. She is electrifying in American Hustle. Jennifer Lawrence is good to but she’s more like the bell of the ball.

I watched this film glued to my seat. Every frame keeps you interested in how this thing will resolve. The story is told in a Scorsese style film dialogue that keeps it feeling realistic, Or at least nostalgic. All the characters are well written and heavily motivated. Even Lewis C.K. makes a large cameo part in this film.

Ultimately this story becomes confusing and I found it to be a bit to clean to wrap up the way it does. It’s a positive ending but for whatever reason I felt unsatisfied at the end. Maybe I’m just rooting for the wrong characters but I suppose this film has no true hero character.

No rating. Just a good film to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment